William Stryon Quote about Depression

The pain grew and grew and I began to experience suicidal thoughts. I realized that life for me was at desperate impasse. I thought of the garage as a place where I might sit in the car and inhale carbon monoxide. I'd look at the rafters in the attic and think of them as places where I might hang myself. I looked at sharp objects as being implements for my wrist.
William Stryon on Suicide and Depression

Saturday, January 29, 2011

January is almost over...

January has been a very hard month. My children have not gone a full week of school since December and we have all had the flu. It has been cold, dark, dank and cold. I love snow but by the third round I was over it. I am done being romantic about snow. I need my children in school. I need to be on a schedule. I need the house to myself for even an hour.

This week it is suppose to snow Wednesday. I would sacrifice a squirrel to prevent this from happening. I would really like warm weather-maybe a hint of spring but apparently mother nature hates me. Or us.

The one thing that has kept me from going insane is this:




And my anti-depressant. I have discovered I need my anti depressant to function even somewhat normally.

I did achieve one goal. I have a date to take my GRE. Now I have to apply for my FASA. I'm waiting for my PIN to be authorized.

No comments:

Post a Comment