William Stryon Quote about Depression

The pain grew and grew and I began to experience suicidal thoughts. I realized that life for me was at desperate impasse. I thought of the garage as a place where I might sit in the car and inhale carbon monoxide. I'd look at the rafters in the attic and think of them as places where I might hang myself. I looked at sharp objects as being implements for my wrist.
William Stryon on Suicide and Depression

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's 2011, bitches

I know this year will be better. If it is not, I just might kill myself. Kidding but too soon, I'm sure. Let's see, this year will be better if:
1. I don't get my passport taken away in a foreign country
2. I don't have a suicide attempt
3. We don't have a flood
4. I don't break my foot
5. I don't go to a mental hospital

I think those goals are doable. Well, the flood is beyond my control.

It is certainly starting out fairly good. We have a new adorable puppy named Blackjack. He is so cute and he was the hit of Pet Smart today. I had an employee say he was the best behaved puppy she had ever seen and asked how I taught him to sit when he gets petted. I acted like I did but he just does it naturally.

He has been helping the household immeasurably. Mom has fallen in love and walks him quite a lot. Zak comes out of his room to play with him and Alex runs with him (actually, he is herded by the puppy). I take him out to play ball and walk and potty. He is making me go outside and exercise which is great. 

He is an minature Australian Sheperd so he is a ball of energy. Good thing the boys are balls of energy. We wore him out today and he fell asleep in the car today. I am going to put him in agility training when he gets older so we can release some of that energy. It will also give me something to learn and meet new people. Of course, now he is chewing the keyboard and trying to catch my hand so I am not bragging on him anymore.

I am now a professional therapy patient. I am greatly loved because my mother and my boyfriend (I realize calling him The Boyfriend sets up distance from him) because they have agreed to go to therapy with me. So, I go once a week to a professional pyschologist, once a week to a church therapist, once a week with my boyfriend and once a week with my mother. The pyschologist also wants to see the kids and I together. Who has time to work? I have gone from never talking about my feelings to talking about my feelings all the damn time. I need to start creating family members to talk about because the therapists are going to get bored of mine!

Here is my New Year's prediction: Since birds are falling out of the sky and fish are dying, I predict zombies are next. Blackjack will save the boys and I! My boyfriend already told me that I live on the wrong side of the city to save. That's OK. We can save ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment