William Stryon Quote about Depression

The pain grew and grew and I began to experience suicidal thoughts. I realized that life for me was at desperate impasse. I thought of the garage as a place where I might sit in the car and inhale carbon monoxide. I'd look at the rafters in the attic and think of them as places where I might hang myself. I looked at sharp objects as being implements for my wrist.
William Stryon on Suicide and Depression

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Decisions, decisions...

I was just checking stats on the blog and noticed I had readers in Malaysia, Canada, UK and Australia. I thought it was strange and it was because of the image of the reindeer cake I had on the blog. So, I have been doing some editing. I took out the image and also did some editing with the kids names and locations. Hopefully, that makes it less personal. Who knew one image could have my blog be in Google so easily? Live and learn.

I am thinking about getting a minature Australian shepard. I found a reputable breeder in Clarksville and they have three male puppies left. I talked to Mom about it and she is totally against it. Totally. The vet bills will be too much, the house is too chaotic already, the kids don't need it and puppies are hard work. It is one of my coping mechanisms and I don't need a puppy. I think it would be good because we can't go anywhere for Christmas, it has been a hard year, Alex lost Tess (I gave Tess, our dog, to Camie because we moved to the UAE) and it will give me a reason to go outside and walk. Plus, I just want something for myself and the boys. I really don't think it effects Mom that much since she does not have to take care of it. I did discuss it, though, as a courtesy.

So, I don't know.

1 comment:

  1. Malaysia seems to be weirdly active on the web. Our podcast had listeners from Malaysia for a while. I don't really get it either.

    ReplyDelete