William Stryon Quote about Depression

The pain grew and grew and I began to experience suicidal thoughts. I realized that life for me was at desperate impasse. I thought of the garage as a place where I might sit in the car and inhale carbon monoxide. I'd look at the rafters in the attic and think of them as places where I might hang myself. I looked at sharp objects as being implements for my wrist.
William Stryon on Suicide and Depression

Sunday, February 13, 2011

I'm stressing out..and everything is going so well

Why am I stressed? Things are going so well so now I am quite worried that the floor will drop out and I will be devastated again. Isn't that sick? I even know it is sick and now my thoughts stress me out too! But I do know it is irrational and that is a good sign.

So things I am stressed about:
1. Therapy
2. Flat tire
3. Money
4. Applying for schools
5. GRE
6. Raising a teenager
7. Blackjack interacting with Alex
8. Being tired all the time
9. My weight
10. Answering the question what do you do all day? With the undertone of-you should be working or doing something-I immediately start feeling guilty.
11. Not having a plan. I feel like I should have a plan.

A list of 11 is pretty good! It is usually 200 or so...

No comments:

Post a Comment